purple background

purple background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

SnowFlake Wreath

Hello my scrapping friends,

Christmas is just a few days away. The little kids are getting excited and parents are double checking the Christmas lists to make sure all the presents are under the tree.  The song,” I 'm dreaming of a white Christmas” is playing in many homes.  Well not mines, although I am a New Englander snow is my least favorite.  I do love watching the flakes fall. 

In My Creative Classroom, I took a class named “It's a Sparkly Spellbinders Holiday!”, and one of the lessons was making this beautiful snowflake wreath.  
If I had to dream of snowy Christmas, this is how I would see it.


Directions:
-First die-cut your snowflakes, I used  the Grand Caliber (it was easier to cut many flakes and saved time) with various spellbinder snowflakes dies (see list below) using grunge paper, chipboard, corrugated cardboard, cardstock, and dictionary paper (Crafty Chronicles).
**Note** I had to run the Grunge Board and chipboard through my grand caliber 2-3 times for it to cut completely
-Crafty Chronicles attached to card stock (to give thickness to paper snowflakes)
 -Add some shimmer to the snowflakes, brush/dip glitter glue over the grunge boardchipboard, corrugated cardboard and plastic snowflakes and dip or sprinkle them with glitter.  I dipped my snowflakes, attempting to contain the glitter...NOT...lol
-I mixed several colors to make my custom color.

- Let the glue dry


-Wrap the cheesecloth around the  Styrofoam wreath. Layer the cheesecloth until it completely covers the Styrofoam.  **Sorry I did not photograph this step**
-Add 20’ piece of ribbon long and wrapped it around the wreath too make a hanger.  You can use the glue gun or pins to hold in place 


-After the snowflakes dry, arrange or stake them you build a unique look
-Add rhinestones, gems, pearls with hot glue gun or I-Rock

-I used copic markers to color the clear gems

-Arrange die-cut and embellished snowflakes to the wreath I used pins and a
hot glue gun.
**Note**to add some dimension to the snowflakes, layered similar buttons on the wreath with hot glue and then glued the snowflakes on top of the buttons.


Recipe:
Styrofoam Wreath
 1”  Cheesecloth
Grand Caliber
Spellbinders Dies:
  -Create a Flake 1,2, and
 -Snowflake Wonder
 -Snowflake Pendant-2010
 -Ironwork Motifs
4-Tim Holtz Grunge Board
4-Corrugated Cardboard
4-ChipBoard
4-White Cardstock
Donna Salazar Crafty Chronicles
Metal
White Plastic snowflake ornaments
Glitter (M.S. Purple sapphire,amethyst, sugar plum, hemate,chariote,bubble gum, cotton candy,sugar cube, sterling),( D.S. Mixed berries) and Rose grain
Glitter Glue
Ribbon
Copic markers
 Pearls and Rhinestones,
Quilt Pins with bead heads
Hot Glue Gun
I-Rock
3D Dots or Foam Tape
Adhesive

I hope you enjoy. If you have any questions send me a quick email

~~Netta~~






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creations

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...